Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Birthday Celebrations

















I meant to post before now. I am thankful for quite a bit this week (that is always a good sign you had a good week!) Friday was my birthday--the big 4-0. Ouch. I dreaded this one for awhile. I have came to the realization of course that that is silly. Everyday is a gift from God and I am very thankful I have had another year of life. I had a great celebration. Ever since we were kids my parents started the tradition of making signs the night before our birthday. When we would wake up the next morning we would be greeted with many colorful birthday signs made from construction paper. I carried it on with my children and even do it for my husband. It took my husband awhile to catch on to it but he eventually came around to the Campbell tradition :) I heard him sneak out at 6:00am the morning of my b-day and had the kids make my signs. Here are some:
















That night John and I went to P.F.Chang's for dinner--yum! I am so thankful for my parents who stayed and watched to kids for us! The next night my parents took us out to dinner and then we came back and opened presents and had cake. I feel so blessed to have so many friends and family who wished me a happy birthday--I felt so loved on my special day--THANK YOU :)































2 comments:

  1. Well it is about time you turned 40!! :) Seems like just yesterday we were having water fights at your house in Lake City.
    Sounds like a nice birthday celebration. So nice that your parents could come also. I love the idea of the signs, I have done that some, but am never faithful with it so it has not become a standard tradition.
    You look great in the pictures!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pics :-) Maybe by bday 42 I'll be back ;-)

    ReplyDelete

You are visitor

Web Counters

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom with 3 children: Curt 10, Emma 8, and Colin 4. I substitute teach at their elementary school. I have a degree in elementary education and I would love to have a teaching job when Colin starts Kindergarten in the fall of 2009. I have been married since May 25, 1996 to John who is a General Manager for Dave and Buster's in Dallas.