Friday, May 15, 2009

Take a Break and Bake


What is it with May? Every year it nearly kills me. I have a dry erase calender hanging in our kitchen to keep track of our family activities and May's is overflowing. Every single day has something written on it. It seems as if everyone panics and has to schedule every school event, meeting, birthday party, field trip, picnic etc in May. It is not the only month in the year people!!! Ok, I feel better now :) Anyway the other day I thought I needed to take a moment for myself and slow down. So I baked these delicious banana crumb muffins. The whole family loved them and that is really saying something. The kids even had them for dessert with a glass of milk. If you too are feeling the craziness of May take a moment and bake something yummy. Your kids will thank you. :)
Banana Crumb Muffins
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon of butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great recipe Diane!!! And baking something when you are busy, sounds just like something I would do!!!! I am going to have to make these. :)

    ReplyDelete

You are visitor

Web Counters

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom with 3 children: Curt 10, Emma 8, and Colin 4. I substitute teach at their elementary school. I have a degree in elementary education and I would love to have a teaching job when Colin starts Kindergarten in the fall of 2009. I have been married since May 25, 1996 to John who is a General Manager for Dave and Buster's in Dallas.